Woodland Cemetery, Kitchener CC#4508
119 Arlington Blvd., Kitchener, Ontario
cemetery is located in the City of Kitchener, at the foot of Arlington
boulevard, just off Weber street. It is one of three
active cemeteries operated by the City of Kitchener Parks and Recreation
Department, Cemeteries Division.
It covers approximately fifty acres and contains a Roman Catholic Mausoleum and a Protestant Mausoleum as well as the Main Administration Office for the Cemeteries Division. The Mausoleums were built in 1924-25 by the Canadian Mausoleum Company. They were made an historically and architecturally valued site under the Ontario Heritage Act in 1986.
Of interest are the German War Graves. This section was established in 1971 and is the final resting place for many German servicemen who were Canadian prisoners of war and died in Canada. The earliest known interment in Woodland Cemetery was Helen (Daub) Rau on 29 March 1926.
At the present time (1991) there are approximately 500-600 interments a year made in this cemetery. The cemetery is divided into many sections as detailed on the accompanying map. If information is needed on this cemetery, the present telephone number is (519) 741-2880.